9/04/18
I drove past this between Salida and Cotopaxi on State Highway 50 in Colorado. I had to turn around and tell whoever that I stood with them totally assuming I was correct. I was and got the biggest hug of appreciation for doing so.

From my understanding, there are close to 3000 children being held around this country after being seized from their parents at the border.

Many will never see their Mom and Dad again because Republicans are totally evil.

You bastards!

11/8/15

Brothers In The Jungle

Pancho and Andres. These two grew up in this environment. Their father owned much of the area above town where they farmed hiking much much farther than Andres and I do to get there several times a week. Can't begin to imagine the intensity of what that must have been like. This is tough terrain to raise crops and a few animals. These fellows are two tough hombres!

Click on the pictures to hugen up then agen.
That continues for Pancho who in this case harvested four pieces of bamboo that is transported like this back down to town. I did not attempt to take the fourth.
This is a wider part of the trail.
Quite a bit of bamboo and some can approach 5-6 inches in diameter.
Somebody from Vallarta picks it up and Pancho gets 1500 pesos or about $90. That can go a long way here.

3 comments:

  1. This is was fun! Post more and often, please! It's winter here.

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    https://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/sherlock-boomer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try to post a bit more

    ReplyDelete